Spring has sprung! It is spring again!
Spring wakes you up just as it wakes the earth. Everything is new again. Spring is a nurturing time, a renewal. Time to wake up and get moving. If you are going through a tough time, spending time outdoors will help your mood wake up, brighten up, and you will feel new again, too.
Sometimes when you are feeling down, getting up and cleaning will get that down mood turned around. Spring cleaning, both inside and out, will brighten your mood and brighten your world around you.
Here are ten simple ideas to put the spring back in your step. And your surroundings.
- Make your outdoor space a place you want to be. Clean up your patio and backyard. Plant some flowers and tend to last year’s plants that survived the winter. Clean your seating areas or purchase some new. A chair or two, a table. These can be purchased new or found used. A patio doesn’t have to be fancy. It simply needs a place to rest and some plants and flowers.
- Go outside a sit for a while. Now that your patio is clean, you need to enjoy it. Have your morning coffee outside, read the paper, or a book. Enjoy a glass of wine on your patio in the evening. Watch your kids play, or your pups. Or just sit. Soak up some vitamin D and enjoy the sunshine.
- Feed the birds. While you are sitting outside, it is nice to hear the birds chirping. Feeding the birds will make sure they will come to your yard. Purchase a bird bath and a feeder and fill them both. And then listen.
- Plant a garden. This can be as simple as a container garden. Or go all out and do a raised bed or till up a part of your yard. Growing something with your own hands and enjoying the fruits of your labor is a great experience. Watching the plants grow, watering, nurturing and then enjoying the fruit, or vegetables, will give you a great sense of pride.
- Plant a flower bed. Make a butterfly garden. Invite the bees into your backyard. If you don’t have room in your backyard, or you don’t have a backyard, planting flowers in containers is a great option for color. You can start from seeds or buy already established plants. Water, and watch them grow.
“In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt” – Rainer Maria Rilke #dedradaviswrites #spring Click To Tweet
“In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt” – Rainer Maria Rilke
Here are some ways to bring spring inside your home, to freshen the indoors up a bit. Cleaning your house is not always pleasurable but afterwards, when you enjoy your surroundings, you’re happy for that clean house.
- Do some spring cleaning inside, too. Making your home spring-like is another way to enjoy the new season and lift your spirits. A clean house is a happy house.
- Buy grocery store flowers. I treat myself every time I am at the grocery store by purchasing a bouquet of flowers. Most grocery stores have a flower shop; you can buy a bouquet for as little as $4. It is addicting having fresh flowers in your home. Flowers brighten up a room and they brighten your mood, as well. Place them in a vase or spread them out throughout your home in bud vases.
- Buy new house plants. Purchasing a new shiny green plant, like an ivy, will freshen up your home and help give oxygen. Plants are a lovely way to add spring indoors.
For more flower inspiration, read this post on flowers.
- Clean your windows-let the sun shine in. Opening your blinds, having clean windows and letting God’s light in, is another way to lighten your spirits. Let the beautiful spring weather shine through.
- Decorate for spring. Add a bunny or two, a nest with eggs. Add lighter colors, lighter blankets to your décor. Wake up your home by bringing the outside in. Add some home furnishings that remind you of the earth waking up!
“Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’”-Robin Williams #spring #dedradaviswrites Click To Tweet
“Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’”-Robin Williams
I hope for you spring weather, chirping birds, vibrant colors in your garden and a clean springy house. I also hope for you a clean, a renewed spirit and a spring in your step!
love and blessings~dd
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
*Want to read more? Subscribe to my email list and you won’t miss a post! And you might get some surprises!