We love to travel and walk a new city. We never know where the day will take us. You don’t have to go out-of-town to have this adventure. Exploring your city, finding new things to do and making new memories, all in your own backyard. October is a great month to start exploring your own city.
Many times we travel and explore but do we take out and explore our own city?
Fall is a perfect time for exploring your city because the weather is nice. October is a great month for exploring festivals, fairs and street markets. There is always something fun going on near you, you have to open your eyes, search for it and take out exploring.
“I haven’t been everywhere but it’s on my list.” -Susan Sontag
Start by exploring your own city!
Here are six great ideas to get you started!
- Find a new restaurant. Especially one with a patio, Take advantage of the October weather and enjoy brunch, lunch or even a dinner, outside, before exploring your city. (If You know me at all, you know I love to eat, and enjoy cocktails, outside. I am outdoorsy that way!) Patios and sidewalk cafés (I wish we had sidewalk cafés in Waco!) are a lovely way to people watch, get some fresh air, and relax–while eating.
- Visit your local park. Go back in time and swing! Have a picnic. Take a walk. Take some nature pictures. Walk your dog. Just get outside and enjoy this weather!
- Visit the farmers market. October is a great time for exploring your city’s farmers market. You can buy local and small from the bounty the farmers have harvested. Fresh produce, fresh flowers, crafts and local food trucks are a great way to get exercise and help out farmers in your city.
- Go to a pumpkin patch. This is a wonderful place for fall pictures. Pumpkin patches are usually a fundraiser or it might be at a nursery in your city. This is another way to buy small and local and enjoy fresh air in October. You don’t have to have a child to enjoy a pumpkin patch, take your dog, just–let your inner Halloween-child out to play!
- Take a hike. I am not being rude here, but really, go for a hike. Hike by a lake, in a park, or wherever you can enjoy a nice walk exploring your natural surroundings. And, you won’t even realize you are exercising!
- Explore your downtown area. Head downtown. Or uptown! Exploring your city is a great way to spend the day. Have lunch, find new shops, visit your library. Downtown areas, small or large, are full of shops, bars and restaurants, as well as museums and art galleries. So much to do and see no matter what size your downtown area is.
There are always new adventures awaiting in your own backyard. Take out and explore today! Exploring your city can be just as fun as traveling. Right?
I hope for you lots of adventures in your city this month, and always.
love and blessings~dd
Day Thirteen is in the books, or should I say online? I am getting close to half way finished with my #write31days challenge. Read here about another fun day, this one is at Magnolia Market in the fall!
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”