Let’s celebrate love all week, all month, all year! I think love should be shown more than just a day. Here are some ways to celebrate the one you love, the ones who love you and ways to love on yourself.
Love makes the world go around. This world needs more love, everyday. We all need more love shown to us by the ones we love and from ourselves. In return, we need to show more love to the people who live in our hearts. Celebrate love everyday of the year by doing little acts of affection. Little acts of love are like ripples in a pond. The ripples get bigger and bigger.
Start with yourself
Self-love is so important. There is too much going on in our worlds, we are busy people and we need to stop and relax. It took me years to realize this. I hope you do sooner.
Yes, self-love can be easy. Don’t over-complicate it. It can take five minutes or all day. The choice is yours.
I woke up with an alarm all my life. If it wasn’t an alarm, it was my mother telling me to get up for school. Or my children crying. Now, I let myself simply wake up. (most days) My self-love is waking up when my body tells me to, or I get a sweet lick from a pup.
This is one aspect of my self-love. I allow myself to sleep in. I normally don’t go to bed until after 11:00, so sleeping in is okay. I don’t feel guilty any longer. I simply enjoy.
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” Lucille Ball
I love Lucy knows.
Taking care of yourself is healthy. I know this seems almost impossible when you have young children. I remember those days. There is always something to do or somewhere to be. It is a challenge, but I recommend the task.
Loving yourself, first, assures you can love on others around you more. You become happier, more relaxed and less-stressed. This will spill over onto other relationships.Loving yourself, first, assures you can love on others around you more. You become happier, more relaxed and less-stressed. This will spill over onto other relationships. #selflove Click To Tweet
Self-love first. This can be simple, little things n your life. But they add up.
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” Buddha
On the regular, not just this week, find something that makes you come alive. An activity just for you. Get to know you. Take the time to spend time with you. YOU will benefit. Others around you will, too.
Practice self-love and don’t let guilt in.
Do something that makes you happy. Do something that makes you smile.
- Pet a puppy. Or a kitty.
- Take your dog on a walk somewhere new and pretty.
- Sit a minute to enjoy your coffee with no disturbances—even if you must lock yourself in a closet.
- Light all the candles in your home and enjoy.
- Splurge on a bottle of champagne. Add pomegranate juice to make it more nutritious.
- Go see a friend.
- Have coffee with a friend.
- Have a drink with a friend.
- Take a hike.
- Go to a new shop in your city.
- Visit a flower shop. Take a minute and smell the flowers.
- Buy yourself flowers.
- Take a long bath. Music, candles, bubbles, wine.
- Go for a drive and play your favorite playlist—loud.
Do something, anything, for you and you will see the power of self-love.
Give love and you shall receive.
Giving love and affection to others is an art. We all give love by buying presents for people for birthdays and Christmas. But how about on a random day? A little something to say I am thinking of you. Give love by letting the people in your life, who you love and who you are thankful for, let them know how loved they are. Let them know you are thinking about them. If they are important to you, let them know.
Don’t just tell them, show them. Don’t just promise them, prove to them. Give love.
And, do this today, not tomorrow. Life is too short and too unpredictable to wait until tomorrow. Don’t allow yourself any what if’s and if only’s.
“Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet.” -Sarah Louise Delany
If everyone one showed affection every day, wouldn’t the world be sweeter?
I think sometimes we love on everyone but the one we are closest to. We assume they know. Don’t assume–do. Give love, do something for that person that shows your love for them.
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” -Lao Tzu
- Send someone you love a letter. Buy pretty stationery and don’t hoard it—send it.
- Buy Valentine’s Day cards and send them out.
- Bring a friend ice cream and two spoons.
- Pay for the person behind you in line.
- Make cookies or a cake for the one you love.
- Make a heart-shaped pizza.
- Prepare the meal that you had on your first date.
- Place sticky notes in fresh laundry, telling them you love them.
- put notes in their lunch box or briefcase.
- Give a calendar or a planner. Secretly place notes throughout the year.
- Think what makes your partner happy and make that happen. Go with your partner to someplace they love, selfishly, even if it is someplace you don’t enjoy.
- Make an appointment for a professional shave at a salon for your man.
- Give him a massage. Give your partner a massage. (Perhaps you’ll get one given to you, also.)
- Call your mother.
- Call your grandmother.
- Give a homeless person a bag with socks, a bottle of water and some fruit.
- Donate to a charity.
- Donate your time to a charity.
- Give food to a food drive.
You’ve gotta dance like there’s nobody watching,
Love like you’ll never be hurt,
Sing like there’s nobody listening,
And live like it’s heaven on earth. William W. Purkey
I hope for you love, this week, and every day. Celebrate love! I hope you get love and I really hope you give love. I pray so. Don’t wait for Valentine’s Day. Life is too short.
love and blessings~dd
Affiliate Links: Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”